Monday, October 31, 2011

The specified network name is no longer available

Hi,


I am posting this information in hope that It will save some time of yours.

I was facing a strange issue when trying to connect my windows 7 ultimate to windows 2003 domain.


Windows 7 computer configuration is


Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System


Wireless card: WG311v3 (54 Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter from NetGear)


After installation of driver from netgear website i am able to install card and also able to ping my server and router. Now when I am trying to connect this windows 7 system to windows 2003 domain it produce error "The specified network name is no longer available" after a very long duration.


Where as same configuration (with Intel Core 2 Duo) on my another system is working perfectly and I am able to connect to my domain.

So I decided to change my network card and used DIGISOL DG-WN1150N and it works and I am able to connect to my domain.

What I feel that some issue exist with netgear and i3 processor. If you have same problem and able to solve with netgear please update me also.

Tariq

No comments:

Post a Comment